Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Starting my garden

Brandon built me a "cold-frame" box on the south side of the house and I started a ton of seeds a couple of weeks ago. The plants are doing pretty good, at least as good as can be expected for our elevation. It has been super difficult to care for these transplants. I've had to move all of them in and out every night, so my kitchen has turned into a garden nursery:)

I may have gone a little overboard. I didn't expect to have such success with my tomato plants, so I started a ton of soil blocks. Now I have 80+ tomato plants- all doing fine! Yes I said eighty! Oops. I guess I will have a lot to give away!
I'm also growing cucumber, basil, lavender, chives, oregano, parsley, eggplant, and broccoli all from seed. I am so excited for my garden! 

No comments: