Saturday, July 31, 2010

My Garden Before & After

My vegetable garden was a HUGE project this year. I spent months moving plants inside at night and outside in the morning. Brandon helped, and I think I drove the poor man crazy. Growing vegis in Idaho is a little different than in California, to say the least. I failed to move some of my plants in on the first day of summer this year, the temp dropped below 32 degrees, and they froze! I couldn't believe it! It was summer for peet sakes. I guess that's life in the mountains for ya!
I planted EVERYTHING from seed, but I think I went a little overboard. I planted 81 tomato plants! Everyone I know got some plants for their gardens. They were like my babies. It was fun, but A TON of work!!!



Here are my plants before I could put them in the ground. They still took over our kitchen on May 31st.
I was finally able to put my lettuce and broccoli in the ground on June 16th, so this is the start of my vegi garden.
...And here is my garden on June 27th. It's starting to grow!

No comments: