Friday, November 7, 2008

Gathering Stuff For Baby




Yeah!!! The crib is set up! Wew! I feel better. I have been totally preoccupied (all of a sudden) with getting all the stuff we may need to take care of our new baby. It is actually totally freaking me out. I never realized how much stuff a baby needs. I mean, people have TOLD me but I didn't really get it. I went and registered for the baby shower at Baby's R' Us and Target and it was totally overwhelming. I had to really remind myself that I am having a beautiful baby boy and that's all that matters. Everything will fall into place.
Then an even stranger thought came into my mind: this is the last time in my life that I will exist without my child. I mean I only have another 7 weeks where it is ONLY ME in my world. And while I can hardly wait for the responsibility of being a mother, I should really enjoy this time with myself. I don't know if that makes any sense, but I am really trying to relax.
In any event, I feel so grateful for all the love I have around me, especially from people I am still just getting to know. Shelly was so sweet to give us the crib and I am SO excited for the baby shower! Love, love, love!
P.S. This is a picture of me a and Martine Ramone Lopez- the cat (or, Senior Lopez).

No comments: