Saturday, June 27, 2009

The Miracle in the form of a car... and a new friend!


Okay, so it as taken me awhile to put this up here. The last few weeks have been really hard. I mean, things where already a real struggle, but when Brandon has to go back up to Ketchum, and leave me and Bubby without a car for the second time, I was finding it really difficult to hold it together. I'm usually pretty strong, but I was starting to lose it.
I found myself praying more. I was hoping that Brandon would be safe up there. That we would be safe down here. I was just hoping that HIS car wouldn't break down, etc. We were just on our VERY last leg.
Something told me to put an ad on Craigslist saying that I needed a car. It was a total long shot and in no way did I expect a response. Then, last Saturday night, my prayers were answered... I mean, I think. Now, I am a spiritual person, and I believe that prayers can be answered, but this was pretty extraordinary. Never have my prayers been answered so directly, and at a time when we really, REALLY needed help. It's pretty hard to deny that God was watching over us... I mean it was almost strange and it gave me chills.
A woman by the name of Jena called me up and told me that she wanted to help me. She told me that she had a car she wanted to give a needy mom and she came across my ad on Craigslist, and thought I might be the right person. At first I couldn't believe it. I mean was this a joke? But it wasn't. She and her family came and picked me up the next day (Sunday) and I went to church with them. Church was actually really fun, and I plan to go again. After church we went to her house and she gave me this car!!! It is a 1990 Ford Probe, and I just couldn't be more grateful. Never has a stranger done anything so nice for me! I mean we REALLY needed it. Now I don't have to walk to the grocery store with a backpack just to bring home milk. Now, I can go to the YMCA in the morning to workout and get a much needed mommy break. Now, I can get a night job. Thank you, thank you, thank you Jena. Thank you God! I have a car and hopefully a new friend. They are such nice people too! I'm sure there are more reasons than one that we have met.
Now... I need to pay it forward....
So, here we are with our new donated car (By the way, this is not our neighborhood. I'm in front of Shelly's house... just FYI) I washed inside and out a few days ago. We couldn't be more happy. What a weight off our heavy shoulders:)

No comments: